As much as we love the winters, the cold air robs the skin of its natural moisture, leaving you with dry, itchy skin. Here are a few tips to keep you looking radiant and fresh through the winter.
- Invest in a humidifier – With the heating on most of the time at home; it usually sucks out the moisture from the air. The humidifier will replenish the lost moisture in the air.
- Drink plenty of water – Replace the hot coffees and lattes with at least 2 litres of water. If you don’t like plain water, you can always make your own flavoured water. Try adding orange slices, or lemon to give it that extra zing.
- Avoid hot showers – As tempting as it is to stay in the hot steaming shower as the temperature outside dips, it is best to avoid long hot showers, as it strips your skin of essential moisture. Make sure to oil your body post the shower. A good nourishing body oil with cold-pressed oils will always do the trick.
- Face Masks – Apply a face mask once a week.
- Exercise – Yes, it is hard! It is tough to get out of that cosy duvet and go for a run, but seriously it’s the best thing you can do for yourself. Exercising regularly improves circulation and pumps up the heart rate, which sends more blood to your organs and to the skin, leaving you with that beautiful glow.
- Diet – Consume lots of seasonal fruits and veggies. Strawberries, grapes, and blueberries are excellent sources of vitamins and antioxidants that your skin needs to stay healthy during the cold weather.
- Look after your hands – Hands have fewer oil glands as compared to any other part of the body; hence they dry out very quickly and nowadays, the constant use of alcohol-based sanitizers doesn’t help. Keep a good hand cream handy and keep your hands moisturized.
- Wrap up – Layers, layers, layers! Yes, mum was right! Wrap up warm!
- Use facial oils – In the summer, this can be a bit much, but your skin will thank you in the winters. Always use a good face oil, to be applied on damp skin for deeper penetration, to banish dullness.
- Sunglasses – Don’t ditch your sunglasses! The sun’s glare can damage the delicate skin around the eyes and cause brown spots and fine lines.
These tips are shared by Ma Earth Botanicals; a company committed to nature-inspired wellness. They combine timeless natural remedies with signature Aromatherapy to balance your body’s earth, wind, fire, water, and ether.
Save 10% at Ma Earth Botanicals. Use code “ABOUTHER10” at checkout.