So I am one of those who loves nuts, and I never miss an opportunity to add nuts to whatever I cook.
This cake, which is nutty from the word go, is one of my favourites.
Do try it and let me know how it turned out…
- Flour/ Maida 1 1/3 cups
- Baking Powder 2 tsp
- Salted butter 8 tbsp
- Vanilla essence 1 tsp
- Castor Sugar 1 cup
- Eggs 3
- Milk 4-5 tbsp as per requirement
- Walnut (almost powdered) 70 gms
- Walnut (chopped for topping) 30 gms
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Grease and dust a loaf tin.
- Lightly roast the walnuts.
- Sift the flour and baking powder.
- Cream the butter and sugar till fluffy and pale( about 4 minutes with an electric mixer).
- Add vanilla essence.
- Add in the eggs one at a time.
- Fold in the flour, ground walnut and milk. Mix well to combine.
- Transfer the batter to the cake tin. Level the batter from the top.
- Sprinkle the whole walnuts on top.
- Bake for about 30-35 minutes or until the tester comes out clean.
What do you think?