A plain and simple Chinese preparation not for the one watching the calories!! But yummy as my sons tell me!!
Chicken breast (Cubed into medium-sized
Pieces) 2 For the batter
Maida – 1/2 cup
Corn flour/ corn starch – 1/2 cup
Salt. To taste
Baking powder – 1 tsp
Water As needed
Oil for deep frying
For the sauce
Tomato ketchup – 1/2 cup
Sugar – 2 tbsp
Honey – 3 tbsp
Water – 3 tbsp
Sesame seeds – 1 tsp
- Mix all the ingredients of the sauce and set aside.
- Mix all the ingredients of the batter in a bowl. Slowly add water and mix till you get a semi-thick batter.
- Coat the chicken pieces with the batter and fry till golden brown and crispy.
- Once fried drain the chicken pieces on a paper towel and set aside.
- Add oil to a wok. Add some sesame seeds.
- Add sauce to the wok and cook till it is thick and glossy.
- Add in the fried chicken and toss well till it is nicely coated. Serve hot.