Humankind thrives on love and care. We, the most beautiful creation of this universe, need to spread love and happiness all around us for us to grow and evolve.
But we can do this only if our own cup of love and happiness is full. To be able to give something, we first have to have it in our possession. Not only that, we must have it in abundance. Therefore it is critical that we love ourselves.
The first step in spreading love is to love oneself. As they say, we must ensure that our house is in order before stepping out.
We need to accept ourselves with all our flaws and faults. Once we accept, we need to appreciate and then be grateful for all we have.
However, this journey is not easy at all, and sometimes we cannot do it alone. So we need some help, some encouragement and positive reinforcement. This is where some self-love quotes can help. These kinds of self-inspirational quotes can go a long way in pushing us, in taking us forward on the journey of love and happiness.
Also Read: 7 Ways of Celebrating Love – The Girly Way
Here is a list of quotes about self-love, which are the beliefs of some well-known people who have made a name for themselves in their chosen fields.
1. You are not a drop in the ocean. You are the entire ocean in a drop.- Rumi
2. Love yourself first, and everything else falls into line. You really have to love yourself to get anything done in this world.– Lucille Ball
3. You may not control all the events that happen to you, but you can decide not to be reduced by them.- Mary Angelou
4. Knowing yourself is the beginning of all wisdom.- Aristotle
5. You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection.- Buddha
6. The most courageous act is still to think for yourself. Aloud.- Coco Chanel
7. Just do what works for you because there will always be somebody who thinks differently. – Michelle Obama
8. I care for myself. The more solitary, the more friendless, the more unsustained I am, the more I will respect myself.- Charlotte Bronte
9. Nobody is perfect. I just don’t believe in perfection. But I do believe in saying, ‘ This is who I am and look at me not being perfect!’ I’m proud of that.’- Kate Winslet
10. No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. – Eleanor Roosevelt
11. I was once afraid of people saying, ‘Who does she think she is? Now I have the courage to stand and say, ‘This is who I am”- Oprah Winfrey
12. You have to believe in yourself when no one else does- that makes you a winner right here.- Venus Williams
13. Never bend your head. Always hold it high. Look the world straight in the face. Helen Keller
14. If we treated ourselves as well as we treated our best friend, can you imagine?’- Meghan Markle
15. It took me a long time not to judge myself through someone else’s eyes.’- Sally Field
16. ‘ Be faithful to that which exists within yourself.’ Andre Gide
17. ‘ When you are content to be simply yourself and don’t compare or compete, everyone will respect you.’ Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching
18. ‘ Put yourself first. Self-love is not selfish at all. It means that you’re taking care of yourself.’ Laurie Hernandez
19. One’s dignity may be assaulted, vandalized and cruelly mocked, but it can never be taken away unless it is surrendered.’- Michael J. Fox
20. ‘Love yourself enough to set boundaries. Your time and energy are precious. You get to choose how you use it. You teach people to hows to treat you by deciding what you will and won’t accept.’- Anna Taylor
21. When you say ‘yes’ to others, make sure you are not saying ‘no’ to yourself.’- Paulo Cohelo