Come summer, and it’s time for the delicious ‘King Of Fruits’ to become a part of our life. If not eaten as it is, mangoes are used to make some tasty treats, from jams to jellies to puddings and cakes. So if you are into baking cakes, then here is my recipe for a Mango cake, a lovely summer delight.
Ingredients Need Mango Cake
- Maida 1 cup
- Baking Powder 1 tsp
- Baking Soda 1/4 tsp
- Mango Puree 1/2 cup
- Mango/Vanilla essence 1 tsp
- Granulated sugar 1/2 cup
- Butter 1/2 cup
- Eggs 2
Also Read: Chocolate Orange Cake
Method for Mango Cake
- Grease and line an 8-inch by 4-inch loaf pan with butter paper. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celsius.
- Sift the maida, baking powder and baking soda.
- Beat the butter and sugar together till the mixture becomes light and fluffy.
- Now add the mango puree and beat well until well combined.
- Add one egg at a time alternating with the flour. Mix well.
- Add the essence and beat lightly until it gets mixed well.
- Transfer the batter into the prepared cake tin. Bake for about 30-35 minutes or till the toothpick comes out clean.
- Wait for about ten minutes before unmoulding the cake. Let it cool completely before you cut it.
- Slice the cake and serve it with vanilla ice cream, or you can have it plain, savouring the flavours of mango.
- You could add some roasted nuts to give a nutty flavour to the mango cake.
- You could decorate the top with thinly cut slices of mangoes for a simple mango cake design or sprinkle some confectioner’s sugar to dress it up.
Also Read: Earl Grey and Lemon Cake
Hope you enjoy following my mango cake recipe.