It has been aeons since I have been baking plain chocolate and orange cakes but never thought I could combine them. But then stepped in my brother, who suggested that I could combine the two, which is what I did. I did some bit of research, some trials and finally got the perfect recipe for this cake.
Try it, and let me know how it came out.
- Butter 200 gms
- Castor Sugar 200 gms
- Orange Juice 4 tsp
- Orange Zest 1 tsp
- Eggs 4
- Milk ½ tbsp
- Maida 175 gms
- Cocoa Powder 25 gms
- Baking Powder ¼ tsp
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Grease a loaf tin.
- Sieve the flour, cocoa powder and baking powder.
- Mix the butter and sugar using an electric beater until light and fluffy.
- Add the orange juice, eggs the milk and whisk till smooth. ( You may have to adjust the quantity of the juice/milk, making sure that the mixture does not become runny)
- Whisk in the dry ingredients till fully combined.
- Add the zest. Mix.
Pour the batter into the tin and bake till the skewer comes out clean. (Around 40-45 minutes)
What do you think?