It is that time of the year when love is in the air, and everyone is going lovey-dovey. Reds, pinks, chocolates, gifts, cards and love songs are in the air. Stores are going crazy selling Valentine’s day merchandise. The love between a man and a woman is being celebrated all over the world.
But I have a question. If we can celebrate the man-woman connection, can’t women celebrate their friendship and love for the other women in their lives, like friends, sisters, mothers or daughters? Why should it only be for the man?
I feel we should celebrate both and especially the one for our fraternity. If we celebrate our love for men, we must also honour our love for women; women who are a reflection of us, who can relate and understand us like no man ever can.
So my dear girls, get hold of each other, celebrate life and celebrate each other. In a world where we break stereotypes, let’s smash this one as well. If there can be a Valentine’s day, there can be a Galentine’s day as well.
Here are 7 ways to make this day special-
- Get hold of your Girl gang and go for drinks and dinner to a favourite place.
- Make a spa date out of the day and pamper yourself silly.
- Girls wanna have fun, and girls love shopping. So how about taking each other shopping?
- If you don’t feel like stepping out, get into your PJs, pull out an excellent wine, do a potluck, and watch a favourite movie.
- Plan a short trip to a nearby destination and do the girly stuff; chill, swim, drink and gossip to your heart’s content.
- Make a goody bag for each other packed with wine, chocolates, face masks, hand lotions and a hand sanitiser (Covid and all that!!)
- You could even do a tea party pulling out your favourite tea service, table cloth along with cakes, cookies and more!!
So what are you waiting for ?? Just go and make a day of it.
And in case of any confusion, you could celebrate Galentine’s one day before to be able to celebrate Valentine’s as well.