Besan ladoo is a holi special which is enjoyed by all. If you want to make it at home then this is a simple recipe of besan ladoo that you can follow.
Besan- 2 Cups
Ghee- ½ cup
Castor Sugar- ¾ cup
Cardamom Powder- 1 tsp
Dry Fruits of your choice
- Dry roast besan on medium heat in a heavy kadhai.
- Keep stirring it from time to time till the beasn becomes brown. Make sure it doesn’t burn.
- Once it is evenly browned, add the ghee and mix well. Keep cooking till the mix thickens and its colour changes.
- As the mix gets cooked, it will start leaving ghee on the sides and give a nice aroma.
- Now remove the kadhai from the fire and add the castor sugar to it. Mix it very well so that no lumps are formed, and the sugar gets mixed.
- Add the cardamom powder and chopped dry fruits to the mix.
- Mix again, and then take the mix and shape into medium-sized ladoos. ( if the mixture looks too dry, you could add 2-3 tbsp of hot melted ghee and then mix again.)
- Store in an airtight container and enjoy.