There’s nothing not to love about Aloe! There are several benefits of aloe vera which cannot be ignored.
It contains twenty of the twenty-two amino acids required for humans, vitamin A,C,E and B12, eight enzymes that bring down inflammation, saponins – antiseptic agents, salicylic acid – reduces breakouts and copper, selenium and zinc which are well-known as being skin friendly minerals.
Benefits of Aloe Vera Juice:
- Relieves Constipation: Due to the high water content, it helps ease bowel movement, thereby making it regular.
- Aids Liver function: Keeps the liver hydrated and naturally helps to flush out toxins, hence helping the liver to function at its optimum.
- Boosts Immunity: Improves overall well-being and boosts immunity level.
- Improves Oral Health: Can be used as a mouth wash to prevent plaque (bacteria biofilms) on teeth. A natural alternative to synthetic chemical agents.
- Heals Burns: Known for its miraculous regenerative properties, it provides instant relief from burns and heals burnt skin.
- Good for the Heart: Aloe juice is known to lower cholesterol levels.
- Heals cuts and mild acne
- Reduces hair fall and dandruff
- Helps heal psoriasis, acne and dermatitis
- Has miraculous anti-aging properties, known to improve elasticity of the skin and reduce wrinkles. It increases collagen synthesis and enhances tissue regeneration when applied or eaten.
How to use:
Cut the leaf and place upright to remove the brown sap (takes about two hours), wash and slice the leaf to remove the clear gel. Discard and yellow gel. Can be refrigerated for three days.
- Mix 1-2 teaspoons of the gel in water and drink it on an empty stomach in the morning.
- Apply directly onto the skin, and leave on for at least 30 minutes, if not more. It dries completely, leaving you with a soft matt finish, hence make-up can be directly applied on top of it. ( it also works as a sunscreen).
- So get an aloe vera plant and get all the benefits sitting at home!
This tip was shared by Ma Earth Botanicals; a company committed to nature-inspired wellness. They combine timeless natural remedies with signature Aromatherapy to balance your body’s earth, wind, fire, water, and ether.
Save 10% at Ma Earth Botanicals. Use code “ABOUTHER10” at checkout.